PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, June 6, 2014

Happy Graduation! (It Takes a Village!)

I love graduation season!  Love it!  I get so tickled when I see cap & gown pictures and proud, stoked parents.  How can you NOT smile when you see that?  Cutest thing ever!

A few days ago my niece graduated from high school in Florida.
Her mom, my sister (an amazing single mom) was beaming.  And so was I.  Same goes for my entire family. Our friends and neighbors were equally excited too!  

My niece's graduation was a true labor of love.  There were highs, lows, growing pains, fashion wins (she's a diva) and lots of laughter along the way.  And through it all, she had a village of supporters who held her down.  All graduates do!  That's why it's such a special time.  

The world seems crazy at times, and I often worry about this upcoming generation.  They need encouragement.  They need love (sometimes tough love), and they need a village to rally around them through good and challenging times.    

Graduations are so awesome!  Point-blank-period.  They symbolize accomplishments, possibilities, the future and the village.  Perfect reasons to celebrate! :)  


No comments:

Post a Comment